Online Higher Education
Instructional Design & Technology Video
Harvard University Extension School, Michael Kilmurray, Academic Technologist, Division of Continuing Education.
Michael is an audio visual and distance education specialist providing audio/visual expertise for classrooms in four campus buildings along with support for other Harvard Extension School activities.
Harvard Extension School offers courses, certificates and degree options. The Extension School has been Harvard University’s primary resource for continuing education for a century, and offers undergraduate and graduate open-enrollment classes in nearly 60 fields. The student population exceeds 13,000.
NOTE: Links to sources and Transcript PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Instructional Technology
- Organization (7:20)
- Challenges (9:24)
Full Transcript (pdf)
Other Instructional Design & Technology Videos
Links Referred To In Video
- Harvard Extension School
- Canvas LMS
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Adobe Connect
- Online Learning Consortium
- 7 Things About LMS Alternatives
- 7 Things About Educational Design
- 7 Things About Flipped Classroom
- The Learning Management System Evolution
- Instructional Design
- 2015 Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the United States
- 2014 Open Educational Resources In U.S. Higher Education
Dr. Gerard L. Danford