Online Higher Education
Instructional Design & Technology Video
MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW), Joseph Pickett, Publications Director.
Joseph is the Publication Director at MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW). OCW is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. The OCW site averages 1 million online visits each month.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is a private research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Founded in 1861 in response to the increasing industrialization of the United States, MIT adopted a European polytechnic university model stressing laboratory instruction in applied science and engineering. MIT has approx. 12,000 students enrolled.
NOTE: Links to sources and Transcript PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Online Learning
- Open Courseware (3:29)
- Instructional Design (11:31)
- Content Production (17:26)
- Challenges (20:40)
Full Transcript (pdf)
Links To Other Instructional Design & Technology Videos
Links Referred To In Video
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology OCW (MIT)
- MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW)
- Blended Learning
- 7 Things About The Flipped Classroom
- MIT Office of Digital Learning
- 5 Questions About Adaptive Learning
- Instructional Design
- MIT Strategic Education Initiatives
- MIT OCW Educator
- This Course at MIT-Project Laboratory
- This Course At MIT – Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- 2015 Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the United States
- 2014 Open Educational Resources In U.S. Higher Education
Dr. Gerard L. Danford