Online Higher Education
Teaching Online Video
Mercy College, Howard Miller, Professor.
Dr. Miller serves as Chair of the Secondary Education Department in the School of Education. Howard’s research interests are closely tied to his teaching agenda of working to promote social justice and educational equality for under-served students.
Mercy College is a four year, private, non-profit liberal arts college based in New York. Mercy College was founded in 1950. The College has five schools: Business, Education, Health & Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts and Social & Behavioral Sciences, offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate programs and enrolls more than 8,000 students.
NOTE: Links to sources and Transcript PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Creative Commons (2:24)
- Challenges (5:02)
- Course Design (7:53)
- Learning Outcomes (13:33)
Full Transcript (pdf)
Other Teaching Videos
- Mercy College
- 7 Things You Need To Know About MOOCs II (Educause)
- Things About Flipped Classroom (Educause)
- 7 Things about Open Educational Resources
- 7 Things About Educational Design
- The Learning Management System Evolution
- Creative Commons
- Creative Commons CC BY
- Lumen Learning
- 2015 Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the United States
- 2014 Open Educational Resources In U.S. Higher Education
Dr. Gerard L. Danford