Online Higher Education
Learning Outcome Video
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Regina Collins, Ph.D. Candidate.
Regina is a candidate in the Information Systems Department at The New Jersey Institute of Technology specializing in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) with a focus on formal and informal learning and the use of Internet resources.
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) is a public institution that was founded in 1881. The school has 10,130 students enrolled and an additional 4,000 in pre-college educational programs. NJIT has a total undergraduate enrollment of 7,286. NJIT is one of the nation’s leading public polytechnic universities offering 125 undergraduate programs and graduate degrees in six specialized schools.
NOTE: Links to sources and Transcript PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Internet Resources
- Information Literacy (7:08)
- Learning Outcomes (10:30)
Full Transcript (pdf)
Other Learning Outcome Videos
- Stanford University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Washington State University
- Fresno Pacific University
- University of Wisconsin
Links Referred To In Video
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT):
- Khan Academy:
- 7Things About Open Educational Resources:
- Information Literacy (ACRL):
- Bloom’s Taxonomy:
- Target Corp. Security Breach:
- Network Analysis:
- Bloom’s Taxonomy of Cognitive Learning Outcomes:
- National Research Council (NRC) skills and competencies:
- Learning Management System Evolution:
- 7 Things About LMS Alternatives:
- Google Hangout:
- 2015 Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the United States
- 2014 Open Educational Resources In U.S. Higher Education
Dr. Gerard L. Danford