Online Higher Education
Learning Outcome Video
Washington State University, Mike Caulfield, Director of Blended and Network Learning.
Mike has been working in instructional design and educational technology since 1997. He is a longtime advocate of open education and blended approaches to learning. Mike has focused his energy on understanding how online communities and open resources can make institutions more effective. He was the first Director of Community Outreach for the OpenCourseWare Consortium. He is also a founder of a number of local and hyper-local online communities, and involved with numerous instructional design projects.
Washington State University (WSU) was founded in 1892. Today, WSU is a nationally recognized public research university and among 96 public and private universities in America who have been recognized with the “very high research activity” categorization from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Washington State University has 28,686 students enrolled.
NOTE: Links to sources and Transcript PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Open Pedagogy (1:08)
- Digital Literacy (5:05)
- Collaboration Through Federated Wiki (13:55)
Full Transcript (pdf)
Other Learning Outcome Videos
- Stanford University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Fresno Pacific University
- University of Wisconsin
Links Referred To In Video
- Washington State University (WSU)
- Amy Collier, Stanford
- 7 Things About MOOCs II
- 7 Things You Should Know About MOOCs
- 7 Things About Open Educational Resources
- OpenCourseWare Consortium
- Digital Literacy
- 2015 Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the United States
- 2014 Open Educational Resources In U.S. Higher Education
Dr. Gerard L. Danford