Online Higher Education
Role Of The Library Video
University of Minnesota (UMN), Kristi Jensen, Program Development Lead.
Kristi supports UMN faculty in developing Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), co-leads the Digital Course Packs Task Force, and collaborates with the UMN College of Education and Human Development staff on the Open Academics Library Project.
The University of Minnesota is one of the nation’s largest schools and offers baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees in virtually every field—from medicine to business, law to liberal arts, and science and engineering to architecture. The University of Minnesota enrolls approx. 64,900 students annually.
NOTE: Links to sources and Transcript PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Open Educational Resources-OER
- Cost Saving (7:48)
- Learning Infrastructure (10:56)
- Learning Outcomes (14:09)
Other Library Videos
- Monroe Community College (SUNY)
- Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)
- University of Minnesota (A)
- Stanford University
Links Referred To In Video
- The University of Minnesota
- UMN College of Education + Human Development
- Overcoming Barriers To Textbook Adoption (D. Ernst)
- Open Textbooks: Access, Affordability and Academic Success (D. Ernst)
- 7 Things About MOOCs II
- 7 Things About MOOCs
- UMN Center For Educational Innovation
- UMN Academic Technology Support Services
- Open Textbook Library
- Cal Poly
- Sarah Cohen, Cal Poly
- Opening the Curriculum: Open Education Resources in U.S. Higher Education, 2014 Babson
- Open Education Conference 2014
- 2015 Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the United States
- 2014 Open Educational Resources In U.S. Higher Education
Dr. Gerard L. Danford