Online Higher Education
Role Of The Library Video
Stanford University, Lauren Maggio, Director, Research and Instruction.
Lauren is the Director of Research & Instruction at Stanford School of Medicine, Lane Medical Library. Her research focuses on effectively connecting people with information through the design of information literacy education and facilitating public access to knowledge. Lauren is a joint-faculty member in the Stanford Online MOOC: Changing the Course of Learning.
Stanford University is one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities. The school was opened in 1891 and has 18,469 students enrolled. Stanford Online offers a variety of professional education opportunities in conjunction with many of the University’s schools and departments. They also offer an array of free online courses (Stanford Online) taught by Stanford faculty to lifelong learners worldwide.
NOTE: Links to sources and Transcript PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Librarian Role in MOOCs
- OER & MOOC Content Management (2:16)
Full Transcript (pdf)
Other Library Videos
- Monroe Community College (SUNY)
- Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)
- University of Minnesota (A)
- University of Minnesota (B)
- Stanford University
- Stanford Online
- 7 Things About MOOCs II
- 7 Things You Should Know About MOOCs
- Stanford University’s Office of General Counsel
- Changing The Global Course of Learning
- Open edX
- CC BY 2.0 License Conditions
- CC0 1.0 License Conditions
- YouTube License Conditions
- 2015 Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the United States
- 2014 Open Educational Resources In U.S. Higher Education
Dr. Gerard L. Danford